TUESDAY 4 FEBRUARY 2020
08:00 Registration, coffee and networking
08:45 Welcome address from the conference chairman
Stuart N Smith, Vice President - Asset Development, Subsea 7
08:55 Platinum sponsor welcome address
09:00 Helicopter View of Subsea Sector
- How will the sector comply with IMO requirements?
- Latest developments in battery technology, hybrid, hydrogen and fuel cells?
- When will we see an all-electric subsea vessel?
- Will autonomy and digitalisation lead to reduced crews offshore?
- Will we ever see a fully autonomous subsea construction vessel?
SESSION 1: ANALYSIS OF KEY TRENDS, MARKET DATA AND INDUSTRY DEVELOPMENTS
An in-depth assessment of key industry development influencing the subsea vessels market. Speakers will examine current status of the market, where new opportunities lie and challenges going forward.
09:15 Update on the Subsea Market
- Review of recent industry developments.
- Role brownfield projects have played in boosting the market.
- Market growth subject to oil price.
- Forecasts for E&P capex investment per region.
- Future predictions on market growth.
Ian McIntosh, Managing Director, Strategic Offshore Research
09:35 Regional Opportunities for Subsea Vessels
- Activity update in the North Sea, Middle East, South East Asia, West Africa, Brazil and GoM
- Impact of the offshore wind market and the growth of the W2W market in the North Sea
- Current vessel utilisation and predictions for future requirements in each region
- Analysing the effects of economic environment on current and future developments
Catherine MacFarlane, ConstructionVesselBase Manager – Energy, IHS Markit
09.55 Prospects in the IMR Sector
- Outlook and opportunities for IMR vessels.
- Current trends and drivers.
- Why is the sector seeing growth, and will it continue or be a flash in the pan?
David Sheret, Co-Founder & Executive Director, Archer Knight
10.15 The Latest Developments and Opportunities for DSVs
- DSV demand: field development projects and IMR
- DSV supply: age, capacity and origin
- Will there be a shortage of SAT DSVs when the market picks up?
- Demand for purpose-built DSVs vs. modular systems
Dr. Ferenc Pasztor, Senior Offshore Analyst, Maritime Strategies International
10:35 Session Q&A
10:45 Networking coffee break in the exhibition area sponsored by National Oilwell Varco
SESSION 2: OPPORTUNITIES IN EMERGING MARKETS
A detailed review of the opportunities afforded by emerging markets including deep & ultra-deepwater, subsea cables and well intervention sectors. Speakers will analyse market size, key trends and drivers and the commercial opportunities in each sector.
11:20 Well Intervention Vessels Market
- What is driving growth in this sector?
- Market size and fleet supply analysis.
- Utilisation and day rates.
11:40 Opportunities in Deep & Ultra-Deepwater
- Sector outlook and opportunities.
- Regional analysis.
- What vessels will be required to service ultra-deepwater projects?
- Is ultra-deep an attractive investment for owners/contractors or will clients need to provide further support?
12:00 Developments and Opportunities in the Heavy Lift Sector
- What opportunities does the renewables and decom markets present?
- What is the competitive landscape in heavy lift vessels?
- What is a strategic fit to meet the demands for future renewables projects?
Nick Wessels, Marketing and Sales Manager, Ulstein Design & Solutions
12:20 Session Q&A
12:30 Networking lunch break in the exhibition area
SESSION 3: NEXT GENERATION VESSELS - INNOVATIONS IN DESIGN AND CAPABILITIES
Developments in the subsea sector, the need to deliver lower cost operations and a move to deeper waters is driving a change in vessel requirements. This session will discuss some of these changes including what’s happening in the survey vessel sector, developments in subsea/pipeline technology and a review of the ‘vessel of the future’.
13:40 Innovations in AUVs for Surveying
- Analysis of new developments and key technologies.
- Design considerations.
- AUVs as a cost-efficient option.
14:00 Developments in Offshore Pipelay Vessels
- Advances in deepwater pipelaying capabilities.
- New pipeline technology developments impacting design of pipelay vessels.
- Next generation of pipelay vessels.
14:20 Designing More Construction Capability into a Smaller OSV Platform
To address the growing need for IMR and light construction activity, Royal IHC has developed a new offshore support vessel, combining the latest technology on a compact platform for lowest total cost of ownership. This presentation addresses the developments in the subsea market and the translation to design considerations from an operator’s perspective. While emphasizing increasing workability through equipment integration, the presentation will also cover the latest developments with respect to efficiency in power and propulsion.
Daan Uiterwaal, Area Sales Manager – Europe, Royal IHC
14:40 Session Q&A
14:50 Networking coffee break in the exhibition area sponsored by National Oilwell Varco
SESSION 4: TECHNOLOGY AND INNOVATION IN THE SUBSEA SECTOR
This session will review some of the technology innovations driving the subsea sector in including developments in fibre-rope crane technology, digitalisation and eROVs.
15:20 Review of the Technologies Shaping the Future of Subsea Support Vessels
- Where does digitalisation fit, and what benefits does it bring?
- Insights into the latest developments and application of autonomous systems, AI, IoT and digital twin modelling.
- Going digital – what are the main challenges.
Scott Miller, Sales Manager Offshore Operations, Miros
15.40 Being Efficient in Ultra Deep Water Lifting Operations
- Industry drivers
- Current solutions not fit for purpose
- Future demand for environmentally friendly operations
- Breaking through the deeper, remote, harsher bigger circle
Mattijs Faber, Business Development Manager, IMECA
16:00 eROVs – The New Future in Underwater Technology
- Applications for eROVs.
- Development of subsea docking stations to recharge batteries.
- A solution to delivering safer operation at reduced operational costs.
- How will eROV developments impact the design of fields (subsea projects) in the future.
16:20 Session Q&A
16:25 Closing remarks from the conference chairman
16:30 End of conference
From 18:00 - 20:00 Pre-registration for the Annual OSJ Conference, Awards & Exhibition
at Novotel London West Hotel, 1st floor Champagne Suite
From 18:00 - 22:00 Welcome Drinks
at VesselsValue, Lyric House, Hammersmith Rd, Hammersmith, London W14 0QL
*Programme subject to change/amendments.